|Total Sq meter all areas:||sq. m|
|Estimated Total Cost:|
2022 DIY flooring cost
Flooring Cost Per Sq. Ft
10 sq. ft.: $30 to $220
100 sq. ft.: $300 to $2,200
1,000 sq. ft.: $3,000 to $22,000
1,200 sq. ft.: $3,600 to $26,400
Factors that Affect the Flooring Installation Cost
- Materials and labor.
- Removing the old floor (though the homeowner could do this part).
- Disposal of the old floor.
- The intricacies of the covered area (e.g., edges and angles).
- Evaluation and replacement of the subfloor.
- Rates or quotes may vary greatly on location.
Flooring installation near me
6 Main Material Options for Floor Installation
- Hardwood: Used by most homeowners that give off both quality and sleek looks. The average cost of hardwood is between $6 and $22 per square foot.
- Laminate: Mainly made out of wood waste, laminate flooring is an excellent alternative to hardwoods. Allot at least $6 or $9 at most per square foot of this material.
- Engineered Wood: This material looks similar to natural hardwood but is cheaper and more durable. A square foot of engineered wood costs around $3 to $13.
- Ceramic: Ceramic tiles are easy to clean and relatively durable -- a perfect use for kitchen and bathrooms. This material comes at an average price of $15 to $20/ sq. ft.
- Vinyl: Most homeowners pay between $3 and $10/ sq. ft. of vinyl. Compared to other materials, vinyl is easier to install.
- Carpet: Many homeowners opt to use mats not only because of their price but also its comfortability. On average, a square foot of carpet is around $1 to $3.
How do I calculate how much flooring I need?
- Measure and multiply the length of the floor by its width. The product would be your square footage.
- Add another 10% or 20% for allowance.
- Then, multiple the results by the cost of the material.
Or you can check and use our flooring calculator on this page and our UAE Business directory.
Pros and Cons of Floor Installation
- Adds quality and charm to home space.
- New flooring increases the house’s market value.
- A wide variety of options could cater to personal or family needs (e.g., waterproof, high foot traffic, durable, easy maintenance, and comfortability).
- Some materials can last for many decades.
- Some materials, like the laminate, cannot be refinished.
- For some types, moisture can penetrate through the flooring.
- High-quality flooring requires higher expenses.
- Mostly need help from a professional to do the installation.
Maintenance and Improvement Costs
While some materials do not need frequent maintenance and repair, others need them, like carpet and wood flooring. Expect to spend additional costs for the following:
- Removing, disposing, and replacing floorboards
- Unique cleaning materials for spills.
- Chemical agents against carpet fleas and dust mites.
The cost of replacing floorboards runs from $7 to $28.50 per square foot.
Step-by-step Procedure of Flooring installation services (Hardwood)
- Clean the covered area.
- Measure the square footage of the room.
- Evaluate the subfloor and make sure there’s no squeaking. Tighten the subfloor with a long drywall screw if there’s a squeak.
- Lay down the vapor barrier paper, and staple it onto the subfloor.
- Proceed in the installation process. Place the longboard perpendicular to the joists underneath.
- Drill a hole in each of the boards and nail down the rolls.
- Staple altogether the hardwood plank sing the pneumatic nail gun.
- In cutting the baseboards, choose the plank that will have an excess of at least 10 inches. Use this remaining plank in the next row.
- Make sure there are no gaps.
- Down to the last row with a narrow gap, grab a plank and measure it along those gap lines.
- Cut the plank lengthwise and lay it down.
- Fill the hole with woody putty after replacing the shoe molding.
We gathered the top construction companies in UAE, to make construction easier for you. You can always check out our UAE Business Directory for more.