Fire Fighting Contractors Services Near Me
Things to Expect When Hiring Firefighters in UAE
There are many companies operating within the area of contracting services. These companies provide services in different aspects of contract management and maintenance. You can find the most appropriate contractor by taking the help of the Internet. There are several websites, like Buildeey, that provide detailed information about the various types of fire fighting contractors and their services.
Hiring fire fighting contractors in UAE has many advantages as compared to other types of contract management:
- It ensures the safety and security of your premises.
- It saves a considerable amount of money.
- It provides services without any additional charges.
If you are hiring fire fighting contractors in Abu Dhabi or fire fighting contractors in Dubai, the company should provide you with the contract of their company before they start to work. They should also give you the complete documents of the contract before they start to work for you. You must be clear about the details of your contract before you start to work as it will help you avoid any misunderstanding that may arise.
Choosing Qualified Fire Fighter Contractors in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and other parts of UAE
Let's not sugarcoat it - you are going to spend a lot of money to protect your home or commercial space. Given this, you must make sure to find the most qualified fire fighter contractor for that job. If not, your space might burn down in just a matter of minutes. Here are some tips by Buildeey on finding the most qualified fire fighting contractor in UAE:
- Before hiring any contractor, explore its history whether they're in the business for a year or ten.
- Ask the contractor for references and a list of the companies they've worked with. Find both happy and unhappy customers.
- Installing a fire protection system will take months to complete. Take visit to the contractor's office, see how they operate, and observe how the manager directs his people.
Question to Ask Your Potential Fire Contractor
The following questions will give you deeper insight on the company and hopefully help you land a decision whether or not to hire the fire fighting contractor you are talking to.
- Are your workers certified in OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration)?
- How many years have you been operating?
- How many fire engineers do you have on staff?
- How often do your employees take seminars and on-the-job training?
- Are you insured?
- Will there be a dedicated manager for the job?
- When is the last time a job did not go well and how was it handled?
Types of Fire Fighting Equipment
There are basically two types of fire fighting equipment: fixed (on a building structure) and portable (on an individual person). The type or style of fire you are trying to put out will determine the kind of fire fighting equipment you need.
Here are the most commong types of fire fighting equipments you should know about:
- Fire Extinguishers are portable devices used in extinguishing a small fire or to reduce a fire area before fighfighters arrive. These are placed where they can be easily reached when a fire emergency arises.
- Fire Alarms are designed to alert people to an emergency. These are detection devices that can detect smoke, heat, and carbon monoxide.
- Fire Sprinkler is a network of pipes installed in the ceiling holding water pressure. It discharges water automatically when a fire is detected.
Fire Pumps work through the use of an engine which can also be powered by diesel or electricity. Fire pumps are needed in order for a fire sprinkler to work effectively especially when the water pressure is insufficient.